- Coordinated with smooth movement skills. High-effort rusher and works through the whistle. Relentless worker, fighting off blocks and battling to the ball.
- Strong tackler. Has good power in hands and can anchor, shed, and chase.
- Played with lean and leverage against the run, tough for one man to move (sometimes double-teams, too).
- Combines strength and footwork to fill holes inside, as well. Recovers from cut blocks or falling on his way to make a tackle.
- Delivers a strong punch and uses his hands to shed blocks to make plays in the hole or outside the box. Uses lower-body strength to anchor inside.
- Might be limited to one-gap systems. Agility isn't a question but misses tackles when he doesn't square and break down.
- Not a quick-twitch player. Won't consistently threaten the edge. Few explosive qualities and lacks great initial burst or overall range for the position.
- Only average lower-body strength and struggles to anchor at the point of attack. Bit of a defensive end/defensive tackle "tweener" who struggles in traffic with multiple blockers, not always using his limbs effectively to disengage.
- Isn't able to consistently shed blocks and makes plays in the hole.
- Lacks the speed to turn the corner consistently and is too often washed out by stronghanded blockers.
How other scouting services rate LaBryan Ray (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank