- Delivers a strong punch and uses his hands to shed blocks to make plays in the hole or outside the box. Uses lower-body strength to anchor inside.
- Played with lean and leverage against the run, tough for one man to move (sometimes double-teams, too).
- Played with good leverage, even on the nose, despite average bulk. Hustle defender with a good bull rush inside that can close and get home when quarterbacks leave the pocket.
- Tall, solid frame with adequate length and has done a nice job losing the bad weight and firming his body.
- Combines strength and footwork to fill holes inside, as well. Recovers from cut blocks or falling on his way to make a tackle.
- Must improve hand use and read-and-react skills. Lacks the violent hands to shed and can be eliminated by double-team blocks.
- Isn't able to consistently shed blocks and makes plays in the hole.
- Not overly flexible or loose. Limited, predictable pass-rush arsenal. Struggles to locate the ball at times and needs to do a better job with his read-and-react skills.
- Misses tackles, even when he gets his hands on the ballcarrier. Needs to improve hand placement and technique.
- Lacks the speed to turn the corner consistently and is too often washed out by stronghanded blockers.
How other scouting services rate LaBryan Ray (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank