Draft Profile: BioGarrett was born and raised in Vermont but moved to Hawai’i at the age of 13. He played at Honolulu St. Louis before transferring to Las Vegas Bishop Gorman, where he became one of the top prospects in the country.
The 6-foot-2 and 300-pound Garrett made 40 tackles, 6.5 tackles for loss, two sacks, two pass breakups, and a pick-six in 41 games with Ohio.
He was also named this summer to the preseason watch lists for the Outland Trophy, Chuck Bednarik Award, and Bronko Nagurski Trophy, as well as an All-American by several preseason selectors.
One of the few bright spots on the Buckeye defense, the front four has talent and starts with Haskell Garrett. He’s an older prospect in his fifth year at Ohio State but has shown the ability to make it in the NFL as a likely starter in the first year after being drafted in the 2022 NFL Draft.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Lower than offensive lineman on every short-yardage play. Good agility and ability to change direction for his size.
- Strong tackler. Has good power in hands and can anchor, shed, and chase.
- Can make the impressive chest-to-chest bear hug tackle in the hole due to his ability to wreak havoc in the backfield.
- Delivers a strong punch and uses his hands to shed blocks to make plays in the hole or outside the box. Uses lower-body strength to anchor inside.
- .He moves well laterally and is able to sidestep and fill gaps or make tackles in the backfield.
- .Garret is strong in his upper and lower half and comes off the ball with power and pops lineman backwards.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Good strength, though his marginal arm length limits his ability to grab hold of ballcarriers as they run by.
- Only adequate burst off the snap even when directly over the ball, and his initial pop leaves room to be desired.
- Must improve hand use and read-and-react skills. Lacks the violent hands to shed and can be eliminated by double-team blocks.
Haskell Garrett percentiles vs other Defensive Tackle's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Haskell Garrett (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank