- Played with good leverage, even on the nose, despite average bulk. Hustle defender with a good bull rush inside that can close and get home when quarterbacks leave the pocket.
- Can make the impressive chest-to-chest bear hug tackle in the hole due to his ability to wreak havoc in the backfield.
- Rarely goes to the ground, showing good balance from his high school wrestling days.
- Strong tackler. Has good power in hands and can anchor, shed, and chase.
- Strength gives ends a chance to twist inside and linebackers free lane to the passer on blitzes.
- Misses tackles, even when he gets his hands on the ballcarrier. Needs to improve hand placement and technique.
- Average athletically with average straight line speed and tight hips. Not a natural bender. Lacks secondary pass-rush moves.
- Good strength, though his marginal arm length limits his ability to grab hold of ballcarriers as they run by.
- Only adequate burst off the snap even when directly over the ball, and his initial pop leaves room to be desired.
- Isn't able to consistently shed blocks and makes plays in the hole.
How other scouting services rate Haskell Garrett (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank