- Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
- Played with good leverage, even on the nose, despite average bulk. Hustle defender with a good bull rush inside that can close and get home when quarterbacks leave the pocket.
- Penetrates through gaps, often forcing running backs to elude him or the back end of the offensive lineman he's pushing before they even reach the line.
- Has the upper-body strength to rock his opponent back onto his heels.
- His ability to clog running lanes, however, is a talent highly coveted in the NFL.
- Needs to do a better job of being the aggressor and tossing blockers aside.
- Isn't able to consistently shed blocks and makes plays in the hole.
- Plays too high at times, and gets carried downfield or put to the ground by better lineman when losing the leverage battle.
- Good strength, though his marginal arm length limits his ability to grab hold of ballcarriers as they run by.
- Inconsistent in his ability to separate from blocks, however, making him more of a nuisance than a snap-to-snap terror.
How other scouting services rate Travis Jones (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank