- Played with lean and leverage against the run, tough for one man to move (sometimes double-teams, too).
- Can make the impressive chest-to-chest bear hug tackle in the hole due to his ability to wreak havoc in the backfield.
- Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
- Played with good leverage, even on the nose, despite average bulk. Hustle defender with a good bull rush inside that can close and get home when quarterbacks leave the pocket.
- Tall, solid frame with adequate length and has done a nice job losing the bad weight and firming his body.
- Must improve hand use and read-and-react skills. Lacks the violent hands to shed and can be eliminated by double-team blocks.
- Only average lower-body strength and struggles to anchor at the point of attack. Bit of a defensive end/defensive tackle "tweener" who struggles in traffic with multiple blockers, not always using his limbs effectively to disengage.
- Misses tackles, even when he gets his hands on the ballcarrier. Needs to improve hand placement and technique.
- Good strength, though his marginal arm length limits his ability to grab hold of ballcarriers as they run by.
- Average athletically with average straight line speed and tight hips. Not a natural bender. Lacks secondary pass-rush moves.
How other scouting services rate DeMarvin Leal (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank