- Played with good leverage, even on the nose, despite average bulk. Hustle defender with a good bull rush inside that can close and get home when quarterbacks leave the pocket.
- Combines strength and footwork to fill holes inside, as well. Recovers from cut blocks or falling on his way to make a tackle.
- Has the ability to create a pile in the middle, even showing the ability to split the occasional double-team. However, is just as often blown off the ball due to his high pad level.
- Can make the impressive chest-to-chest bear hug tackle in the hole due to his ability to wreak havoc in the backfield.
- Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
- Isn't able to consistently shed blocks and makes plays in the hole.
- Might be limited to one-gap systems. Agility isn't a question but misses tackles when he doesn't square and break down.
- Lacks closing speed and inconsistent quickness off the snap prevents him from being an elite pass rusher.
- Good strength, though his marginal arm length limits his ability to grab hold of ballcarriers as they run by.
- Needs to do a better job of being the aggressor and tossing blockers aside.
How other scouting services rate Neil Farrell Jr. (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank