- Combines strength and footwork to fill holes inside, as well. Recovers from cut blocks or falling on his way to make a tackle.
- Surprising initial quickness off the snap. Relies mostly on a simple bull rush at this point, which is quite effective in collapsing the pocket.
- Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
- Strong tackler. Has good power in hands and can anchor, shed, and chase.
- Delivers a strong punch and uses his hands to shed blocks to make plays in the hole or outside the box. Uses lower-body strength to anchor inside.
- He struggles with leverage off the snap and plays too tall, limiting his effectiveness as a pass rusher.
- Might be limited to one-gap systems. Agility isn't a question but misses tackles when he doesn't square and break down.
- Isn't able to consistently shed blocks and makes plays in the hole.
- Needs to do a better job of being the aggressor and tossing blockers aside.
- Needs to keep his pad level low; pops upright and plays too tall, struggling to maintain leverage off the snap.
How other scouting services rate Jordan Davis (Overall Rank)