- Played with good leverage, even on the nose, despite average bulk. Hustle defender with a good bull rush inside that can close and get home when quarterbacks leave the pocket.
- Delivers a strong punch and uses his hands to shed blocks to make plays in the hole or outside the box. Uses lower-body strength to anchor inside.
- Lower than offensive lineman on every short-yardage play. Good agility and ability to change direction for his size.
- Rarely goes to the ground, showing good balance from his high school wrestling days.
- Provides some secondary interior pass rush, getting most penetration when playing three technique.
- Good strength, though his marginal arm length limits his ability to grab hold of ballcarriers as they run by.
- Must improve hand use and read-and-react skills. Lacks the violent hands to shed and can be eliminated by double-team blocks.
- Isn't able to consistently shed blocks and makes plays in the hole.
- Sees the ball well but is stuck on blocks when head-up; does not shed to make plays often enough.
- Misses tackles, even when he gets his hands on the ballcarrier. Needs to improve hand placement and technique.
How other scouting services rate Perrion Winfrey (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank