Drafted: ROUND: 5 - Pick Number: 150 (HOU)
- Played with good leverage, even on the nose, despite average bulk. Hustle defender with a good bull rush inside that can close and get home when quarterbacks leave the pocket.
- Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
- Lower than offensive lineman on every short-yardage play. Good agility and ability to change direction for his size.
- Combines strength and footwork to fill holes inside, as well. Recovers from cut blocks or falling on his way to make a tackle.
- Can make the impressive chest-to-chest bear hug tackle in the hole due to his ability to wreak havoc in the backfield.
- Not a quick-twitch player. Won't consistently threaten the edge. Few explosive qualities and lacks great initial burst or overall range for the position.
- Sees the ball well but is stuck on blocks when head-up; does not shed to make plays often enough.
- Lacks the speed to turn the corner consistently and is too often washed out by stronghanded blockers.
- Not overly flexible or loose. Limited, predictable pass-rush arsenal. Struggles to locate the ball at times and needs to do a better job with his read-and-react skills.
- Average athletically with average straight line speed and tight hips. Not a natural bender. Lacks secondary pass-rush moves.
Thomas Booker percentiles vs other Defensive Tackle's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Thomas Booker (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank