- Lower than offensive lineman on every short-yardage play. Good agility and ability to change direction for his size.
- Rarely goes to the ground, showing good balance from his high school wrestling days.
- Strong tackler. Has good power in hands and can anchor, shed, and chase.
- Provides some secondary interior pass rush, getting most penetration when playing three technique.
- Big-bodied rusher with very good upper-body strength. Strong and stout at the point of attack with the measurables to occupy multiple blockers.
- Misses tackles, even when he gets his hands on the ballcarrier. Needs to improve hand placement and technique.
- Good strength, though his marginal arm length limits his ability to grab hold of ballcarriers as they run by.
- Only adequate burst off the snap even when directly over the ball, and his initial pop leaves room to be desired.
- He struggles with leverage off the snap and plays too tall, limiting his effectiveness as a pass rusher.
- Sees the ball well but is stuck on blocks when head-up; does not shed to make plays often enough.
How other scouting services rate Tyler Davis (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank