Draft Profile: BioMichael Hall Jr. from Streetsboro High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Hall Jr. joined Ohio State after being heavily recruited.
In 2021 as a freshman Hall Jr. saw action in 4 games and played a total of 35 snaps for the Buckeyes. He recorded only 2 tackles, no assists, while adding 2 stops. As a pass rusher, he added 3 total pressures, which included 3 QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks on the season.
As a sophomore for the Buckeyes in 2022 Hall Jr. played in 11 games and took part in 250 snaps for the Buckeyes. He recorded 11 tackles, 3 assists, while adding 12 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 16 total pressures, and 7 QB hurries, 4 QB hits, and 5 sacks during the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Hall has a wide base and a low center of gravity to hold his ground against single blockers, as well as the upper-body strength to shed them.
- Strength gives ends a chance to twist inside and linebackers free lane to the passer on blitzes.
- He’s ready for the physicality of the NFL; Hall has a stout build, strong core and powerful limbs to step in right away as a three-down player.
- His motor is excellent, and he’s quick to locate the ball and make plays against the run.
- Provides some secondary interior pass rush, getting most penetration when playing three technique.
- Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- While he’s powerfully built, his short arms allow blockers to get into his body.
- Hands could be much more violent when trying to gain control of the block. Struggles to hold his ground while facing a double-team; first instinct is to roll away to make a play, which can create a large hole.
- Only adequate burst off the snap even when directly over the ball, and his initial pop leaves room to be desired.
How other scouting services rate Michael Hall Jr. (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank