Drafted: 2021: ROUND: 4 - Pick Number: 132 (CLE)
- Played with good leverage, even on the nose, despite average bulk. Hustle defender with a good bull rush inside that can close and get home when quarterbacks leave the pocket.
- Rarely goes to the ground, showing good balance from his high school wrestling days.
- Strength gives ends a chance to twist inside and linebackers free lane to the passer on blitzes.
- Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
- Can make the impressive chest-to-chest bear hug tackle in the hole due to his ability to wreak havoc in the backfield.
- Misses tackles, even when he gets his hands on the ballcarrier. Needs to improve hand placement and technique.
- Must improve hand use and read-and-react skills. Lacks the violent hands to shed and can be eliminated by double-team blocks.
- Only adequate burst off the snap even when directly over the ball, and his initial pop leaves room to be desired.
- Isn't able to consistently shed blocks and makes plays in the hole.
- Inconsistent in his ability to separate from blocks, however, making him more of a nuisance than a snap-to-snap terror.
How other scouting services rate Tommy Togiai (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank