Drafted: 2021: ROUND: 4 - Pick Number: 122 (CIN)
- Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
- Delivers a strong punch and uses his hands to shed blocks to make plays in the hole or outside the box. Uses lower-body strength to anchor inside.
- Provides some secondary interior pass rush, getting most penetration when playing three technique.
- His ability to clog running lanes, however, is a talent highly coveted in the NFL.
- Strong tackler. Has good power in hands and can anchor, shed, and chase.
- Good strength, though his marginal arm length limits his ability to grab hold of ballcarriers as they run by.
- Isn't able to consistently shed blocks and makes plays in the hole.
- He struggles with leverage off the snap and plays too tall, limiting his effectiveness as a pass rusher.
- Lacks closing speed and inconsistent quickness off the snap prevents him from being an elite pass rusher.
- He remains raw as a pass rusher and doesn't have the foot speed to chase down ballcarriers.
How other scouting services rate Tyler Shelvin (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank