Draft Profile: BioJestin Jacobs from Northmont High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Jacobs joined Iowa after being heavily recruited.
In 2020 as a freshman Jacobs saw action in 5 games and played a total of 71 snaps at linebacker for the Hawkeyes. He recorded just 5 tackles, 2 assists, while adding 4 stops.
As a sophomore for the Hawkeyes in 2021 Jacobs played in 14 games and took part in 518 snaps for the Hawkeyes. He recorded 41 tackles, 6 assists, while adding 23 stops. In coverage Jacobs made one pass breakup, one interception, and QB rating when targetted of 86.9. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 6 total pressures, and 5 QB hurries, one QB hit, and no sacks during the year.
In 2022 as a junior Jacobs played in just 2 games and contributed on 32 snaps. He recorded just 5 tackles, one assist while making 4 stops.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Jacobs has an explosive first step and has the fluidity, flexibility and core strength to chase through traffic and make plays.
- He has an impressive closing burst and the functional strength to bounce off blocks. Despite being on the light side, he’s decent when setting the edge against the run, playing with a good pad level and the wide base to anchor.
- Combines very good instincts with above-average reaction skills. Almost always finds the ball in traffic.
- Has enough twitch and speed to make an impact coming off the edge as a third-down specialist.
- Jacobs has the size and strength to stack and shed blockers and is especially fierce when moving downhill against the run.
- Closes quickly on relatively immobile quarterbacks. A consistently heavy hitter who flashes explosiveness and the ability to separate the ball.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- As a pass rusher, Jacobs needs the scheme to create deception and confusion to give him a free run.
- Jacobs lacks the speed of a chase and- tackle guy. Jacobs lacks twitch as a pass rusher and lacks the feet and flexibility to threaten around the edge.
- Possesses below-average instincts for the linebacker position. Leaves more plays on the field than he makes.
How other scouting services rate Jestin Jacobs (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank