- Good athlete. Shows a natural feel for pass rushing. Very good lateral agility to shake pass blockers.
- Keeps feet moving after initial contact. Jumps inside as a counter to typical rush, but needs to show a larger variety of moves.
- Ferocious against the run and very good in coverage, is extremely versatile. Despite his build, he holds up well in traffic and makes a lot of plays by engaging a block, shedding, and pursuing.
- Handles misdirection well with quick change-of-direction ability. Comes downhill quickly against the run when he has an open lane.
- Can attack the edge with speed and has the flexibility to dip low and under the tackle's reach.
- Has inconsistent read/react skills with streaky awareness when asked to drop in coverage. Is like a bull in a China shop with his aggressive style of play, causing him to play undisciplined and overpursue.
- His lateral agility and burst often put him in position to make big plays, but he takes questionable routes to the ball and struggles to avoid blockers when in pursuit.
- Lacks pop and strength to anchor, though. Most effective when uncovered inside and chasing stretch plays to the sideline.
- Lacks functional strength to shed and take on blocks at the point of attack.
- Generally an effective openfield tackler but doesn't wrap up consistently. Shows only average awareness in coverage.
How other scouting services rate DQ Thomas (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank