- Good athlete. Shows a natural feel for pass rushing. Very good lateral agility to shake pass blockers.
- Keeps feet moving after initial contact. Jumps inside as a counter to typical rush, but needs to show a larger variety of moves.
- Ferocious against the run and very good in coverage, is extremely versatile. Despite his build, he holds up well in traffic and makes a lot of plays by engaging a block, shedding, and pursuing.
- Handles misdirection well with quick change-of-direction ability. Comes downhill quickly against the run when he has an open lane.
- Can attack the edge with speed and has the flexibility to dip low and under the tackle's reach.
- Has inconsistent read/react skills with streaky awareness when asked to drop in coverage. Is like a bull in a China shop with his aggressive style of play, causing him to play undisciplined and overpursue.
- His lateral agility and burst often put him in position to make big plays, but he takes questionable routes to the ball and struggles to avoid blockers when in pursuit.
- Lacks pop and strength to anchor, though. Most effective when uncovered inside and chasing stretch plays to the sideline.
- Lacks functional strength to shed and take on blocks at the point of attack.
- Generally an effective openfield tackler but doesn't wrap up consistently. Shows only average awareness in coverage.
How other scouting services rate DQ Thomas (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank