Davis has been rocketing up draft boards recently - in January he was ranked as the 12th best prospect, but now, mainly due to a very special pro-day is considered a possible first-round pick. At 6-foot-4 and 234 pounds, Davis is a freakish prospect equipped with rare speed (he ran the 40-yard dash in unofficial times of 4.41 and 4.37 seconds at his pro day), obvious athleticism (he turned in 42-inch vertical and 11-foot broad jumps) and the ball skills to be a menace in coverage.
- Quick to read run, showing good agility and speed to get past blockers and finish. Experienced in coverage and gets a strong jam on outside receivers.
- Combines very good instincts with above-average reaction skills. Almost always finds the ball in traffic.
- Plays fast, flows with the action, showing smooth lateral agility and short-area burst. Has good instincts and awareness to quickly find the ball.
- Tougher between the tackles than many expect. Fluid and quick drop into zone, covers enough ground to be Tampa-2 "MIKE" and knows where the markers are.
- A bit stiff but makes the clean open-field tackle. Good effort in pursuit.
- Hits up high and misses more tackles than he should.
- Does not blow up targets. Many inside tackles are catch-and-drags, which will be more difficult to make at the next level.
Probably now looked on as a second-round pick due to his boom-bust qualities may squeak into the first round if a team is looking at his potential.