Draft Profile: BioJustin Rogers from Parkway High School was rated a 4 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Rogers opted to join Kentucky.
In 2020 as a freshman Rogers saw action in 7 games and played on a total of 56 snaps for the Wildcats. He recorded 7 tackles, one assist, while adding 4 stops.
As a sophomore for the Wildcats in 2021 Rogers played in 12 games and took part on 209 snaps for the Wildcats. He recorded 11 tackles, 6 assists, while adding 8 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 4 total pressures, and 2 QB hurries, no QB hits, and 2 sacks during the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Has the upper-body strength to rock his opponent back onto his heels.
- Penetrates through gaps, often forcing running backs to elude him or the back end of the offensive lineman he's pushing before they even reach the line.
- Delivers a strong punch and uses his hands to shed blocks to make plays in the hole or outside the box. Uses lower-body strength to anchor inside.
- Can make the impressive chest-to-chest bear hug tackle in the hole due to his ability to wreak havoc in the backfield.
- Big-bodied rusher with very good upper-body strength. Strong and stout at the point of attack with the measurables to occupy multiple blockers.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Good strength, though his marginal arm length limits his ability to grab hold of ballcarriers as they run by.
- Must improve hand use and read-and-react skills. Lacks the violent hands to shed and can be eliminated by double-team blocks.
How other scouting services rate Justin Rogers (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank