Draft Profile: BioJustin Rogers from Parkway High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Rogers joined Kentucky after being heavily recruited.
In 2020 as a freshman Rogers saw action in 7 games and played a total of 56 snaps for the Wildcats. He recorded just 7 tackles, one assist, while adding 4 stops.
As a sophomore for the Wildcats in 2021 Rogers played in 12 games and took part in 209 snaps for the Wildcats. He recorded 11 tackles, 6 assists, while adding 8 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 4 total pressures, and 2 QB hurries, no QB hits, and 2 sacks during the year.
In 2022 as a junior Rogers played in 12 games and contributed on 425 snaps. He recorded 18 tackles, 9 assists while making 14 stops. As a pass rusher, he produced 10 total pressures, which included 8 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and no sacks on the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Rogers has a wide base and a low center of gravity to hold his ground, as well as the upper-body strength to shed blockers.
- Provides some secondary interior pass rush, getting most penetration when playing three technique.
- He’s very instinctive when it comes to countering and solid with overall hand usage.
- Combines strength and footwork to fill holes inside, as well. Recovers from cut blocks or falling on his way to make a tackle.
- He shows impressive burst and enough quickness to occasionally threaten the edge as a pass rusher.
- Rogers has the strong core and powerful hands to shed blockers, and Rogers shows excellent instincts with the ability to quickly locate the ball.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Lacks closing speed and inconsistent quickness off the snap prevents him from being an elite pass rusher.
- Rogers doesn’t have a lot of suddenness to his game, and Rogers won’t wreck plays on a regular basis.
- Rogers struggles with leverage off the snap and plays too tall, limiting his effectiveness as a pass rusher.
Justin Rogers percentiles vs other Defensive Linemen (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Justin Rogers (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank