Draft Profile: BioRashad Wisdom attended Judson High School and was rated a 3-star prospect by 247 Sports with a scout's rating of 0.843, going unranked by ESPN. Following high school, Wisdom opted to join UTSA after being heavily recruited.
In 2019 as a freshman Wisdom saw action in 12 games and played a total of 624 snaps at Cornerback for the Roadrunners. He recorded 37 tackles, 8 assists, while adding 18 stops. In coverage Wisdom notched up one pass breakup, one interception, and a solid QB rating when targetted of 84.1. He added 8 total pressures, and 2 sacks on the season.
As a sophomore in 2020 he played in 12 games and logged 594 snaps for the Roadrunners. He made decent 80 tackles, 12 assists, and had 26 stops. In coverage he totaled no pass breakups, 4 interceptions, and a very good QB rating when targetted of 71.4.
In 2021 as a junior Wisdom played in 14 games and contributed on 719 snaps. He chalked up decent 69 tackles, 11 assists, and added 19 stops. In the secondary Wisdom forced 4 pass breakups, no interceptions, and gave up an unimpressive QB rating when targetted of 125.3.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Does a good job getting his head around in time when playing with his back to the line of scrimmage. Has the ability to cover quickness underneath.
- Flashes good ball skills. Wisdom has the fluidity and change-of-direction ability to mirror quicker receivers underneath.
- His ball skills are very good. He tracks the ball well downfield and has the hands and coordination to come away with interceptions even when Wisdom isn’t targeted often.
- Wisdom has good size and is a fluid mover, capable of mirroring quickness underneath
- He’ll have some limitations in man coverage, but he should develop into a serviceable starter.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Gets sloppy with his backpedal when playing off-man and seems to lack the instincts to close on the ball.
- Needs to tighten his angles in pursuit. Needs to show better tackling technique to consistently finish.
- Rght now he’s only capable of playing in trail position, and even then he’d likely be draw a lot of flags.
- Isn’t great in route recognition when he’s facing the action, is hesitant and susceptible to double moves, and too often gets unnecessarily handsy when playing trail position
How other scouting services rate Rashad Wisdom (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank