- Gives up his body in run support with a very good closing burst.
- Trusts his eyes with very good awareness. Has very good reaction skills to break quickly on the ball.
- A coordinated athlete with good footwork and balance. A heady cover player with above-average · feel and anticipation in space.
- Quicker than he is fast but has a burst to close in zone coverage and plays physical at the line in man.
- Has at least adequate straight-line speed and good balance, fluidity to change direction.
- Has tense ankles and hips with choppy footwork when attempting to redirect and doesn't always look natural changing directions.
- Has a high backpedal and loses a step in transition. Plays with adequate speed but there are concerns about his ability to handle the truly explosive speedsters of the NFL.
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
- Needs work on backpedaling to prevent defenders from getting behind him.
- Lacks the recovery speed to catch receivers if he waits for them to arrive.
How other scouting services rate Nick Roberts (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank