Draft Profile: BioCole Bishop from Starrs Mill High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Bishop opted to join Utah.
In 2021 as a freshman Bishop saw action in 10 games and played a total of 399 snaps at safety for the Utes. He recorded 40 tackles, 9 assists, while adding 21 stops. In coverage Bishop notched up 2 pass breakups, no interceptions, and QB rating when targetted of 107.4. He added 6 total pressures, and 3 sacks on the season.
As a sophomore in 2022 he played in 13 games and logged 685 snaps for the Utes. He made solid 55 tackles, 21 assists, and had 31 stops. In coverage he totaled 2 pass breakups, one interception, and QB rating when targetted of 104.2. In addition he forced 21 total pressures, and 2 sacks during the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Has the fluid athleticism and speed to cover tight ends and maybe even some big slot receivers. Bishop has the ball skills to create turnovers. He also has value as a blitzer.
- He has the ability to move down and cover tight ends, with the fluid hips to turn and the speed to run with anyone down the middle of the field.
- His ball skills are very good. He tracks the ball well downfield and has the hands and coordination to come away with interceptions even when Bishop isn’t targeted often.
- Has the change-of-direction ability to mirror underneath but did solid work out of press and off coverage.
- Shows good instincts when facing the action in zone coverage, and he has solid ball skills.
- Tracks the ball well downfield and has the innate feel for high-point passes. He’s willing to come up and fill against the run and seems to take pride in delivering violent hits in run support.
- Bishop has good size and is a fluid mover, capable of mirroring quickness underneath
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Despite his size, he’s not an overly physical tackler. Bishop might have to add some weight at the next level in order to become more physical.
- Has a lean, narrow frame and needs to get stronger.
- Lowers his shoulder for the big hit rather than wrapping up securely.
How other scouting services rate Cole Bishop (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank