- Stout and feisty. Will engage, shed and securely wrap the ballcarrier. Very fluid hips, backpedal and change-of-direction agility.
- Good vision and anticipation for zone coverage. Good hand-eye coordination and leaping skills.
- Has good foot quickness and short-area burst to work well in tight areas.
- Likely has the length and physical ability to fit in a press scheme but ideal fit as a zone defender because of his recognition skills and an above-average burst to close on the ball.
- Takes accurate angles to the ballcarrier. A strong, aggressive tackler and doesn't back down against the run.
- Not an explosive player and needs to show better bend and flexibility in his drops - plays too high.
- Needs to get stronger. Too easily lost in the trash. Not a sudden athlete and shows body stiffness when attempting to quickly redirect.
- Needs to tighten his angles in pursuit. Needs to show better tackling technique to consistently finish.
- Lacks instincts with shaky awareness, is overaggressive and too often bites on fakes and misdirection.
- Lacks elite speed to recover if beaten on double move. Ducks his head and swipes too often on open-field tackles.
How other scouting services rate Trey Dean III (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank