Draft Profile: BioAntonio Johnson attended East St. Louis High School and was rated a 4 star prospect by 247 Sports with a scout's rating of 0.965, going unranked by ESPN Following high school, Johnson opted to join Texas A&M.
In 2020 as a freshman Johnson saw action in 6 games and played on a total of 159 snaps for the Aggies. He recorded 12 tackles, one assist, while adding 6 stops. In coverage Johnson notched up no pass break ups, no interceptions, and a QB rating when targetted of 144.6.
As a sophomore for the Aggies in 2021 Johnson played in 12 games and took part on 800 snaps for the Aggies. He made 58 tackles, 18 assists, and had 26 stops. In coverage Johnson totaled one pass break up, one interception, and a QB rating when targetted of 71.2.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Good agility and balance when shadowing his target. Competitive player.
- Good instincts and anticipation reads and reacts with discipline. Dangerous with the ball in his hands.
- Has good football awareness to read and react quickly and stay balanced and patient in space.
- Closes to the ball quite well and possesses the hands to snatch throws away from his frame.
- Good hustle player who puts himself in the action when he's not directly involved. Knows how to use his height and vertical leap.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Needs to improve his footwork and balance in coverage. Transitions out of his backpedal too early and doesn't look natural moving in reverse.
- Opens his hips too early and allows himself to get turned around in coverage.
How other scouting services rate Antonio Johnson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank