Draft Profile: BioBrandon Joseph attended College Station High School and was rated a 3-star prospect by 247 Sports with a scout's rating of 0.854, going unranked by ESPN. Following high school, Joseph opted to join Northwestern.
In 2019 as a freshman Joseph saw action in just 2 games and played a total of 13 snaps at Safety for the Wildcats. He recorded only 3 tackles, no assists, while adding 2 stops. In coverage Joseph notched up no pass break ups, no interceptions, and an outstanding QB rating when targetted of .0.
As a sophomore in 2020 he played in 9 games and logged 620 snaps for the Wildcats. He made 39 tackles, 12 assists, and had 13 stops. In coverage he totaled no pass break ups, an impressive 6 interceptions, and an outstanding QB rating when targetted of 2.8.
In 2021 as a junior Joseph played in 12 games and contributed on 816 snaps. He chalked up decent 60 tackles, 20 assists, and added 22 stops. In the secondary Joseph forced 2 pass break ups, 3 interceptions, and gave up a very good QB rating when targetted of 65.9.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Does a good job getting his head around in time when playing with his back to the line of scrimmage. Has the ability to cover quickness underneath.
- Tracks the ball well downfield and shows good ball skills, including the ability to go up and high-point it in contested-catch situations.
- His ball skills are very good. Joseph tracks the ball well downfield and has the hands and coordination to come away with interceptions even when Joseph isn’t targeted often.
- Gives up his body in run support with a very good closing burst.
- Good strength to tackle. Plays with high energy and is a tough-minded overachiever.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Has very inconsistent tackling technique and too often just throws himself at the lower body of the ballcarrier instead of wrapping up.
- Plays out of control too often, laying a lot of big hits but also missing a lot of tackles along the way. Joseph also needs to do a better job reading routes when sitting back as a single-high safety.
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
- Needs to tighten his angles in pursuit. Needs to show better tackling technique to consistently finish.
How other scouting services rate Brandon Joseph (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank