College Station TX
- Savvy cover skills to recognize and anticipate routes. Understands what's coming and has good ball skills.
- Aware zone cornerback who is also adept in man coverage, flashing physical hand punch at the line and straight-line speed to stay with receivers downfield.
- Has at least adequate straight-line speed and good balance, fluidity to change direction.
- Alert defender for zone coverage, showing good understanding of route progressions occurring behind him and a quick burst downhill to break on underneath passes in front of him.
- Reads the QB and gets good breaks on the ball. Bigger hitter than his slight frame implies. Closes quickly and generates explosion.
- Needs work on backpedaling to prevent defenders from getting behind him.
- Has tense ankles and hips with choppy footwork when attempting to redirect and doesn't always look natural changing directions.
- Has a high backpedal and loses a step in transition. Plays with adequate speed but there are concerns about his ability to handle the truly explosive speedsters of the NFL.
- Needs to get stronger. Too easily lost in the trash. Not a sudden athlete and shows body stiffness when attempting to quickly redirect.
- Lacks the recovery speed to catch receivers if he waits for them to arrive.
How other scouting services rate Brandon Joseph (Overall Rank)