- Fast and agile, he sticks to receivers and closes on the ball.
- Changes directions with ease and has the frame to hold up at any spot in the secondary.
- An athletic but narrow-based corner with a lean frame,
- Reads receivers' routes and anticipates throws at the first down marker. Covers a lot of ground in a hurry when in space. Reads the quarterback's eyes and sees the routes very quickly, then has straight-line speed to arrive with or just after the ball.
- Should excel as a zone defender because of his closing speed to wrap receivers after the catch.
- He's not a tenacious tacker and plays the position with a wide receiver's mentality.
- Holds the ball loosely. Inconsistent in run support. Average tackler
- Needs to tighten his angles in pursuit. Needs to show better tackling technique to consistently finish.
- Struggles to break down in space and can be a liability against the run at the second level.
- Receivers can arm-bar downfield to create separation. He's too often caught peeking in the backfield and gives ground on double moves.
How other scouting services rate Christopher Smith (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank