Draft Profile: BioBrian Branch from Sandy Creek High School was rated a 4 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school Branch opted to join Alabama.
In 2020 as a freshman Branch saw action in 11 games and played on a total of 290 snaps for the Crimson Tide. He recorded 21 tackles, 4 assists, while adding 9 stops. In coverage Branch notched up 5 pass break ups, 2 interceptions, and a QB rating when targetted of 79.1.
As a sophomore for the Crimson Tide in 2021 Branch played in 15 games and took part on 624 snaps for the Crimson Tide. He made 45 tackles, 11 assists, and had 22 stops. In coverage Branch totaled 4 pass break ups, no interceptions, and a QB rating when targetted of 110.9. In addition he forced 10 total pressuress, and NFL1.DefenseSummary sacks during the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Quicker than he is fast but has a burst to close in zone coverage and plays physical at the line in man.
- Good strength to tackle. Plays with high energy and is a tough-minded overachiever.
- Reads the QB and gets good breaks on the ball. Bigger hitter than his slight frame implies. Closes quickly and generates explosion.
- Good instincts and anticipation reads and reacts with discipline. Dangerous with the ball in his hands.
- Very aggressive attacking receiver blocks and tackles like a safety.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Has a high backpedal and loses a step in transition. Plays with adequate speed but there are concerns about his ability to handle the truly explosive speedsters of the NFL.
- Fails to maintain inside technique in man coverage. Not a press corner.
How other scouting services rate Brian Branch (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank