Draft Profile: BioJartavius Martin attended Lehigh Acres High School and was rated a 3-star prospect by 247 Sports with a scout's rating of 0.830, going unranked by ESPN. Following high school, Martin opted to join Illinois.
In 2018 as a freshman Martin saw action in 10 games and played a total of 493 snaps at cornerback for the Fighting Illini. He recorded 32 tackles, 9 assists, while adding 6 stops. In coverage Martin notched up one pass breakup, 3 interceptions, and QB rating when targetted of 92.0.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played in 9 games and logged 384 snaps for the Fighting Illini. He made 14 tackles, 5 assists, and had 2 stops. In coverage he totaled no pass breakups, no interceptions, and QB rating when targetted of 114.3.
In 2020 as a junior Martin played in 8 games and contributed on 245 snaps. He chalked up 35 tackles, 5 assists, and added 8 stops. In the secondary Martin forced one pass breakup, no interceptions, and gave up a decent QB rating when targetted of 75.0.
In 2021 as a senior Martin saw action in 12 games while playing 592 snaps. He logged 45 tackles, 15 assists, and made 14 stops. In coverage Martin had 6 pass breakups, one interception, and surrendered a decent QB rating when targetted of 84.5.
In 2022 as a fifth year senior Martin saw action in 12 games while playing 721 snaps. He logged solid 52 tackles, 6 assists, and made 16 stops. In coverage Martin had 11 pass breakups, 3 interceptions, and surrendered an impressive QB rating when targetted of 70.2.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- In the run game, he’s aggressive coming downhill and a sure tackler.
- Good strength to tackle. Plays with high energy and is a tough-minded overachiever.
- Extremely aggressive to come up and put his body in traffic to make tackles.
- He’s excellent in run support, a physical hitter who could also get a look at safety
- Can track the ball downfield and gets his head around when playing in a trail position, and Martin shows excellent ball skills when breaking on a route. He’s a plus tackler in run support as well.
- Transitions well from coverage to close on the ball. Strong hands, quick reactions for the interceptions.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Has a high backpedal and loses a step in transition. Plays with adequate speed but there are concerns about his ability to handle the truly explosive speedsters of the NFL.
- Willing but not threatening tackler. Doesn't have the quick-twitch reaction when Martin gears down to rebuild to top speed. More instinctive than explosive.
- Has poor recognition skills when facing the action in zone coverage.
Jartavius Martin percentiles vs other Safety's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Jartavius Martin (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank