Draft Profile: BioTanner Ingle attended Dr. Phillips High School and was rated a 3-star prospect by 247 Sports with a scout's rating of 0.840, going unranked by ESPN. Following high school, Ingle opted to join NC State.
In 2018 as a freshman Ingle saw action in 11 games and played a total of 397 snaps at cornerback for the Wolfpack. He recorded 37 tackles, 3 assists, while adding 16 stops. In coverage Ingle notched up one pass breakup, no interceptions, and an unimpressive QB rating when targetted of 144.5.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played in 11 games and logged 751 snaps for the Wolfpack. He made decent 53 tackles, 14 assists, and had 24 stops. In coverage he totaled 3 pass breakups, no interceptions, and an unimpressive QB rating when targetted of 119.5. In addition he forced 7 total pressures, and one sack during the year.
In 2020 as a junior Ingle played in 7 games and contributed on 259 snaps. He chalked up 24 tackles, 6 assists, and added 13 stops. In the secondary Ingle forced one pass breakup, no interceptions, and gave up QB rating when targetted of 106.5.
In 2021 as a senior Ingle saw action in 12 games while playing 773 snaps. He logged decent 56 tackles, 21 assists, and made 32 stops. In coverage Ingle had 4 pass breakups, one interception, and surrendered a QB rating when targetted of 105.3. He also chalked up 10 total pressures, and no sacks on the season
In 2022 as a fifth year senior Ingle saw action in 12 games while playing 693 snaps. He logged decent 55 tackles, 17 assists, and made 23 stops. In coverage Ingle had 2 pass breakups, 2 interceptions, and surrendered a QB rating when targetted of 76.5. He also chalked up 14 total pressures, and one sack on the season
Scouting Report: Strengths
- He’s a willing and capable hitter in run support and closes fast to make plays against quick screens.
- Has the change-of-direction ability to mirror underneath but did solid work out of press and off coverage.
- Shows good instincts when facing the action in zone coverage, and Ingle has solid ball skills.
- Has the fluidity, speed and quick feet to come down and defend slot receivers in man coverage. Ingle also does a nice job breaking down in space as a tackler after the catch.
- Flashes good ball skills. Ingle has the fluidity and change-of-direction ability to mirror quicker receivers underneath.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Too often gives too much of a cushion while playing off his man, and it becomes especially problematic since he’s not a particularly willing tackler.
- Neither his size nor his straight-line speed would be considered elite
- Can leap but his size will be detrimental in box-out situations. Bites on play-action and isn't always in tune with rest of secondary.
- Short stature will hurt him in jump-ball situations against taller, stronger NFL receivers.
Tanner Ingle percentiles vs other Safety's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Tanner Ingle (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank