Draft Profile: BioTashawn Manning from Wekiva High High School was rated a 79-star prospect by ESPN with a scout's rating of 79 Following high school, Manning opted to join Auburn.
In 2018 as a freshman Manning saw action in just 2 games and played a total of 43 snaps for the Tigers. He allowed no QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing at left guard.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played in 5 games and a total of 74 snaps. He conceded just 2 QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing at left guard.
In 2020 as a junior Manning saw action in 11 games and totaled 671 snaps. He gave up a solid 7 QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing at left guard.
In 2021 as a senior Manning saw action in 12 games and played a total of 350 snaps for the Tigers. He allowed just 2 QB hurries, one QB hit, and one sack while playing the majority of his snaps at left guard, and the rest at right guard.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Anchors well and plays with the low center of gravity and natural bend to seal the inside lanes. Has violent hands with hustle to close off bubble screens and lead to flatten linebackers. Nasty demeanor and highly coachable.
- He’ll appeal to man-blocking teams, and he’s a fairly high-upside developmental pick when considering his value in the run game.
- He’s at his best fighting in a phone booth as a run blocker, where his sheer size and strength, combined with his natural knee bend and leverage, can take over.
- In pass protection, Manning flashes a strong initial punch and typically has good hand placement.
- Bursts offthe line of scrimmage and has tremendous natural strength and power, able to dominate at the point of attack and wipe out defenders in the run game.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- He’ll have trouble with elite quickness at the next level.
- Adequate initial burst should be far better and isn't good enough to consistently hold out elite pass rushers.
- Has fairly heavy feet, struggling to mirror against quicker defenders. Manning lacks the range to get out as an effective puller, and Manning can often look stiff when moving out into space and zeroing in on bodies.
- Not great in space and tends to lose power the farther he has to move; he doesn’t finish as well on the second level as he does battle in the phone booth around the line of scrimmage.
How other scouting services rate Tashawn Manning (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank