Draft Profile: BioAlfred Collins from Cedar Creek High School was rated a 4 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Collins opted to join Texas.
In 2020 as a freshman Collins saw action in 10 games and played on a total of 318 snaps for the Longhorns. He recorded 17 tackles, 5 assists, while adding 12 stops. As a pass rusher, he added 11 total pressures, which included 9 QB hurries, one QB hit, and one sack on the season.
As a sophomore for the Longhorns in 2021 Collins played in 12 games and took part on 328 snaps for the Longhorns. He recorded 13 tackles, 8 assists, while adding 13 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 15 total pressures, and 11 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and 2 sacks during the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Tall, solid frame with adequate length and has done a nice job losing the bad weight and firming his body.
- Flashes exciting burst off the snap to penetrate. Can slip through gaps with his get-off and is an intimidating force for quarterbacks to avoid.
- Stays coordinated through contact and can anchor well in the run game, generating power from his lower half.
- Can make the impressive chest-to-chest bear hug tackle in the hole due to his ability to wreak havoc in the backfield.
- Pops off tape due to his explosive first few steps. While powerful, doesn't rock the guard/ center back with his upper-body strength or explode into tackles.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Inconsistent in his ability to separate from blocks, however, making him more of a nuisance than a snap-to-snap terror.
- Average athletically with average straight line speed and tight hips. Not a natural bender. Lacks secondary pass-rush moves.
How other scouting services rate Alfred Collins (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank