Draft Profile: BioAlfred Collins from Cedar Creek High School was rated a 4 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Collins opted to join Texas.
In 2020 as a freshman Collins saw action in 10 games and played on a total of 318 snaps for the Longhorns. He recorded 17 tackles, 5 assists, while adding 12 stops. As a pass rusher, he added 11 total pressures, which included 9 QB hurries, one QB hit, and one sack on the season.
As a sophomore for the Longhorns in 2021 Collins played in 12 games and took part on 328 snaps for the Longhorns. He recorded 13 tackles, 8 assists, while adding 13 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 15 total pressures, and 11 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and 2 sacks during the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- He’s ready for the physicality of the NFL; Collins has a stout build, strong core and powerful limbs to step in right away as a three-down player.
- Strong tackler. Has good power in hands and can anchor, shed, and chase.
- Despite his relatively tall frame, he typically plays with a low enough pad level and natural power to push the pocket with the bull rush.
- Collins has the heavy hands and upper-body strength to win with power. He drops his weight and anchors well against the run, holding up at the point of attack and capable of occupying double teams.
- Quick off the snap in the pass rush, he has violent hands and a good feel for working inside counter moves.
- Collins has the strong core and powerful hands to shed blockers, and he shows excellent instincts with the ability to quickly locate the ball.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- He’ll have some issues if asked to take on blocks, but Collins also lacks the kind of sideline-to-sideline range you can build a defense around.
- Collins struggles to shed blockers and doesn’t show ideal lateral movement skills. Collins also needs to make better use of his length and hands in the pass rush.
- He’s often slow to react and locate the ball against the run.
How other scouting services rate Alfred Collins (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank