Draft Profile: BioAlfred Collins from Cedar Creek High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 5-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Collins joined Texas after being heavily recruited.
In 2020 as a freshman Collins saw action in 10 games and played a total of 318 snaps for the Longhorns. He recorded 17 tackles, 5 assists, while adding 12 stops. As a pass rusher, he added 11 total pressures, which included 9 QB hurries, one QB hit, and one sack on the season.
As a sophomore for the Longhorns in 2021 Collins played in 12 games and took part in 328 snaps for the Longhorns. He recorded 13 tackles, 8 assists, while adding 13 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 15 total pressures, and 11 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and 2 sacks during the year.
In 2022 as a junior Collins played in 11 games and contributed on 243 snaps. He recorded 10 tackles, 4 assists while making 6 stops. As a pass rusher, he produced 11 total pressures, which included 8 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and no sacks on the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Collins has the strong core and powerful hands to shed blockers, and Collins shows excellent instincts with the ability to quickly locate the ball.
- He can also win going speed-to-power, with the leg drive to push blockers back.
- He’s quick to react and locate the ball, and he shows enough speed to succeed in backside pursuit. Collins plays with excellent balance and a strong, flexible core, rarely ending up on the ground.
- Average quickness and power and his bull rush will be stonewalled. Comes off the snap high, losing leverage.
- Coordinated with smooth movement skills. High-effort rusher and works through the whistle. Relentless worker, fighting off blocks and battling to the ball.
- Quick off the snap in the pass rush, he has violent hands and a good feel for working inside counter moves.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Collins lacks elite traits in the pass rush and will need to develop a counter move.
- While he’s a decent lateral mover, Collins doesn’t show great closing speed when he has to chase in pursuit.
- Collins has to develop a counter move or two in the pass rush, and he needs to make better use of his hands.
How other scouting services rate Alfred Collins (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank