Draft Profile: BioCade Hall from Bellarmine Prep High School was rated a -star recruit by ESPN and handed a 2-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Hall joined San José State.
In 2018 as a freshman Hall saw action in 12 games and played a total of 643 snaps at Edge Rusher for the Spartans. He recorded 27 tackles, 13 assists, while adding 23 stops. As a pass rusher, he added 18 total pressures, which included 12 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and 3 sacks on the season.
As a sophomore for the Spartans in 2019 Hall played in 12 games and took part in 690 snaps for the Spartans. He recorded 29 tackles, 10 assists, while adding 22 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 44 total pressures, and 27 QB hurries, 15 QB hits, and 2 sacks during the year.
In 2020 as a junior Hall played in 7 games and contributed on 425 snaps. He recorded only 9 tackles, 6 assists while making 18 stops. As a pass rusher, he produced 36 total pressures, which included 13 QB hurries, 11 QB hits, and a dominating12 sacks on the year.
In 2021 as a senior Hall logged playing time in 12 games and logged a total of 684 snaps for the Spartans. He also added 25 tackles, 7 assists, and 26 stops. As a pass rusher, he tallied 48 total pressures, which included 36 QB hurries, 8 QB hits, and a decent 4 sacks on the season.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- He’s very instinctive when it comes to countering and solid with overall hand usage.
- Offers some versatility, rushing from a two-and three-point stance with the playing speed to stand up in space. Flashes strength as a bull rusher and his energy doesn't plateau.
- He’s flexible enough to bend the edge, and he’s at his best when Hall can use his quickness and change-of-direction abilities to counter back inside.
- He’s ready for the physicality of the NFL; he has a stout build, strong core and powerful limbs to step in right away as a three-down player.
- He’s quick to react and locate the ball, and he shows enough speed to succeed in backside pursuit. Hall plays with excellent balance and a strong, flexible core, rarely ending up on the ground.
- Combines excellent power with initial quickness, but one of his best attributes are his violent hands, which he uses with impressive precision.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Lacks the fluidity and speed to turn and run with tight ends in coverage.
- Stands up well against the run but is very pursuit-conscious and will take unneeded wide angles.
- Hall remains a bit raw, as Hall is inconsistent with his hand use and lacks violence in his hands
How other scouting services rate Cade Hall (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank