Draft Profile: BioCorey Rucker from Yazoo County High School was rated a 3 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Rucker opted to join Arkansas State.
In 2020 as a freshman Rucker saw action in 8 games for the Red Wolves as he made 16 receptions for 453 yards for an average of 28.3 yards per reception, with 5 TDs, and a QB rating when targeted of 121.5.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played in 12 games and had 60 catches for 837 yards for an average of 14.0 yards per catch, with 9 TDs, and a QB rating when targeted of 107.6.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Has a knack for getting open and is a quarterback's best friend - passers just need to toss the ball in his area and he'll come down with it.
- A savvy, natural pass-catcher with reliable hands and very good focus. Snatches the ball out of the air and shows the concentration to make acrobatic catches look easy.
- Does not possess top breakaway speed, though he's rarely caught from behind.
- He catches the ball with his large, soft hands and is tough. Deceptive jets and a smooth route runner.
- Generally reliable receiver capable of making difficult catches in traffic over the middle or one on one down the sideline.
- Good effort and technique as a blocker for his size. Can beat the press with elusiveness or physical contact. Runs crisp routes with sharp cuts.
- Has good body strength to squirm out of tackles with the coordination to maneuver his frame between defenders.
- Often used on deep routes, getting separation down the sideline or over the middle on crossing routes by extending his arms rather than pure speed.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Has only average height and overall length. Lacks initial burst off the line of scrimmage and has more build-up speed than track wheels. Limited explosiveness and flexibility and will struggle to separate against pro defensive backs
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
How other scouting services rate Corey Rucker (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank