Draft Profile: BioCorey Rucker from Yazoo County High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Rucker opted to join Arkansas State.
In 2020 as a freshman Rucker saw action in 8 games for the Red Wolves as he made 16 receptions for a solid 453 yards for an average of 28.3 yards per reception, with 5 TDs, and an outstanding QB rating when targeted of 121.5.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played 12 games and had an excellent 60 catches for 837 yards for an average of 14.0 yards per catch, with 9 TDs, and an excellent QB rating when targeted of 107.6.
After season's end Rucker transferred to South Carolina where as a junior in 2022 he played just 2 games and hauled in just one catch for just 52 yards for an average of 52.0 yards per catch, with one TD, and an outstanding QB rating when targeted of 158.3.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Tracks the ball well downfield and shows good ball skills, including the ability to go up and high-point it in contested-catch situations.
- Often used on deep routes, getting separation down the sideline or over the middle on crossing routes by extending his arms rather than pure speed.
- Rucker tracks the ball well downfield and consistently runs under long throws.
- Shows good sense as a route runner and provides an enormous catch radius over the middle of the field. Rucker has soft hands and uses his frame effectively to shield defenders, making him a major threat in the red zone.
- Has good body strength to squirm out of tackles with the coordination to maneuver his frame between defenders.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- While Rucker has the athleticism to be a catch-and-run threat, he never seemed comfortable catching, gathering, and transitioning to a runner.
- He’ll be coming to the NFL from a wide-open spread offense in which he ran a limited route tree.
- He’s not physically imposing. Rucker is small-framed and won’t be able to carry much more weight.
- Rucker doesn’t have the ability as a run blocker or the violent run-after-catch ability.
How other scouting services rate Corey Rucker (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank