Signed as an undrafted free agent by Jacksonville Jaguars
- A savvy, natural pass-catcher with reliable hands and very good focus. Snatches the ball out of the air and shows the concentration to make acrobatic catches look easy.
- Has a knack for getting open and is a quarterback's best friend - passers just need to toss the ball in his area and he'll come down with it.
- Does not possess top breakaway speed, though he's rarely caught from behind.
- Good quickness off the line. Has size and quickness to get off NFL press.
- Balanced, savvy route runner with top field awareness, setting up and selling routes beautifully.
- Does not have exceptional straight-line speed but takes advantage of open seams when his quarterback is on target.
- Generally reliable receiver capable of making difficult catches in traffic over the middle or one on one down the sideline.
- Often used on deep routes, getting separation down the sideline or over the middle on crossing routes by extending his arms rather than pure speed.
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
- Comes off the snap high and upright, and doesn't get to top speed quickly. Not sudden or elusive.
How other scouting services rate Tim Jones (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank