Draft Profile: BioJalen Cropper from Buchanan High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Cropper opted to join Fresno State.
In 2019 as a freshman Cropper saw action in 10 games for the Bulldogs as he made 17 receptions for a solid 208 yards for an average of 12.2 yards per reception, with no TDs, and an excellent QB rating when targeted of 97.2.
As a sophomore in 2020 he played 6 games and had a solid 37 catches for 520 yards for an average of 14.1 yards per catch, with 5 TDs, and an excellent QB rating when targeted of 114.2.
As a junior in 2021 he played 13 games and hauled in an outstanding 85 catches for an excellent 905 yards for an average of 10.6 yards per catch, with 11 TDs, and an impressive QB rating when targeted of 113.6.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Cropper plays with a smoothness and balance, and Cropper shows a knack for setting up defensive backs.
- A savvy, natural pass-catcher with reliable hands and very good focus. Snatches the ball out of the air and shows the concentration to make acrobatic catches look easy.
- Shows good sense as a route runner and provides an enormous catch radius over the middle of the field. Cropper has soft hands and uses his frame effectively to shield defenders, making him a major threat in the red zone.
- Tracks the ball well downfield and shows good ball skills, including the ability to go up and high-point it in contested-catch situations.
- His long arms allow him to play bigger than his size, and he has a frame that can carry a little more weight.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Cropper isn’t going to overwhelm opposing defensive backs with speed and athleticism.
- He really isn’t a guy who will create a lot of separation.
- Cropper seems comfortable in traffic to the point where Cropper doesn’t make the effort to create separation.
- He’ll have to develop a better feel for sitting down against zone coverage.
How other scouting services rate Jalen Cropper (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank