Draft Profile: BioJalen Wayne from Spanish Fort High School was rated a After high school, Wayne opted to join South Alabama.
In 2018 as a freshman Wayne saw action in 4 games for the Jaguars as he made no receptions for no yards for an average of 0.0 yards per reception, with no TDs, and only QB rating when targeted of 39.6.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played 9 games and had only 5 catches for 62 yards for an average of 12.4 yards per catch, with 2 TDs, and QB rating when targeted of 63.2.
As a junior in 2020 he played 11 games and hauled in 33 catches for 418 yards for an average of 12.7 yards per catch, with one TD, and QB rating when targeted of 86.9.
As a senior in 2021 he played 12 games and had 53 catches for 625 yards for an average of 11.8 yards per catch, 2 TDs, and QB rating when targeted of 77.3.
As a fifth year senior in 2022 he played 12 games and had 55 catches for 790 yards for an average of 14.4 yards per catch, 9 TDs, and QB rating when targeted of 88.4.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- He’s very good in contested-catch situations, using his frame effectively to make plays facing the quarterback. Wayne also shows a knack for high-pointing the ball, consistently outmuscling defensive backs.
- He fights his way off the line of scrimmage against press coverage, showing quick, violent hands and good balance.
- He’s a fluid athlete with excellent short-area quickness; Wayne should be able to create separation, and he has the straight-line speed to threaten down the seam.
- Does not have exceptional straight-line speed but takes advantage of open seams when his quarterback is on target.
- Tracks the ball well downfield and shows good ball skills, including the ability to go up and high-point it in contested-catch situations.
- Wayne combines good speed with his size, and he accelerates off the line better than most big receivers.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- He’ll have to develop a better feel for sitting down against zone coverage.
- Wayne also had problems with drops when coming back to the action. He has some issues against press coverage, sometimes spending too much time hand fighting at the line of scrimmage.
- Wayne fights hard for the ball, but Wayne too often fights to catch it; there are too many double catches on his highlight reel. It shows up in contested-catch situations in the red zone.
Jalen Wayne percentiles vs other Wide Receiver's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Jalen Wayne (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank