- Balanced, savvy route runner with top field awareness, setting up and selling routes beautifully.
- Has a knack for getting open and is a quarterback's best friend - passers just need to toss the ball in his area and he'll come down with it.
- Has the strong hands any NFL wide receiver coach and quarterback would covet. Tracks the deep ball over either shoulder and brings in passes fluidly without breaking stride downfield.
- Does not possess top breakaway speed, though he's rarely caught from behind.
- Often used on deep routes, getting separation down the sideline or over the middle on crossing routes by extending his arms rather than pure speed.
- Lacks much bulk on his body and will be outmuscled at the next level against physical defenders.
- Lacks ideal size and strength and is a ·mallish target with a lean, frail-looking frame. Can be overmatched at the line of scrimmage when physical !le/enders get their hands on him. Struggles in press coverage and was knocked on his back more than a few times.
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
- Doesn't look like much physically with a smallish frame and little room to get much bigger
- Does not own elite speed. Freezes at times when trying to juke defenders in space. Walls off his man as a blocker, allowing them to shed and make the play outside.
How other scouting services rate Jaron Woodyard (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank