Draft Profile: BioJase McClellan from Aledo High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, McClellan joined Alabama.
In 2020 as a freshman McClellan saw action in 5 games for the Crimson Tide as he ran for 250 yards on 24 attempts for an outstanding 10.4 yards per carry, with 2 TDs, with no fumbles. As a receiver he made just one reception for one yard.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played 5 games. and rushed for 191 yards on 40 carries for 4.8 ypc, with one TD, with no fumbles. In the passing game he pulled in just 10 receptions for 97 yards.
In 2022 as a junior McClellan saw action in 12 games for the Crimson Tide. He ran for 609 yards on 104 attempts for an excellent 5.9 ypc, with 6 TDs, with one fumble. As a receiver he made just 13 receptions for 164 yards.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- He’s capable as a receiver, a weapon on swing passes and in the screen game.
- McClellan has the flexible ankles to turn the corner and get around the perimeter when the opportunity presents itself.
- Has sneaky speed but won't always get to the corner. Runs low through the hole with size and strength to move the chains as an interior runner. Has a strong stiff-arm and spin move to slip defenders. Best in goal-line situations finds another level of determination. Good recognition as a runner and pass blocker. Natural receiver with versatility as a route-runner.
- He keeps his pads low and consistently falls forward. Unlike most backs his size, McClellan has the lateral movement and stop-start ability to make defenders whiff. He has breakaway speed in the open field.
- His initial burst is excellent, and he’s capable of running out of a traditional setup or taking the ball lined up next to a quarterback in shotgun.
- McClellan has very good vision and a knack for picking out cut-back lanes and then breaking offchunks of yardage.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- His playing speed is less than elite. McClellan won’t run past defenders like McClellan did at the college level.
- Too indecisive and hesitant at the line of scrimmage.
- He’s more of a cut blocker in pass protection as opposed to a guy who will stick his face in against the blitz, although that is a correctable flaw.
Jase McClellan percentiles vs other Running Back's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Jase McClellan (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank