Draft Profile: BioBlake Corum from St. Frances Academy High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Corum joined Michigan.
In 2020 as a freshman Corum saw action in 6 games for the Wolverines as he ran for only 77 yards on 26 attempts for only 3.0 yards per carry, with 2 TDs, with no fumbles. As a receiver he made only 5 receptions for 73 yards.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played 12 games. and rushed for an impressive 944 yards on 144 carries for an elite 6.6 ypc, with 11 TDs, with one fumble. In the passing game he pulled in a decent 24 receptions for 141 yards.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- He’s decisive once Corum locates a hole and gets through quickly. His ability to accelerate and his good top-end speed allow him to outrun angles, and he has the quickness and lateral agility to make defenders miss in space.
- Corum has outstanding lateral agility; his jump cuts combined with stop-start ability make him difficult to get a hold of.
- Possesses very quick feet to accelerate through the hole. Good lateral agility and balance to avoid defenders in tight quarters and can make would-be tacklers look silly in the open field. Surprisingly powerful for his short stature due to a strong lower body, good forward lean and determined running.
- An excellent blocker on the outside, he also adds value in the running game.
- He has a low center of gravity and runs with a nice forward lean. He’s decisive with good vision and shows nice balance when running in traffic and the body control to bounce and spin off of bodies.
- Quick feet with good vision to pick through defenses. Corum has solid hands and body control and is a reliable receiver.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- The lack of size also pops up in pass protection, where Corum often struggles to stand up blitzers.
- Short and lacks the ideal powerful frame to consistently run between the tackles.
- Offers little in pass protection and poor technique cut blocking, fails to do more than slow down blitzers by laying down in front of them.
How other scouting services rate Blake Corum (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank