Draft Profile: BioSean Tucker from Calvert Hall College High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Tucker joined Syracuse.
In 2020 as a freshman Tucker saw action in 9 games for the Orange as he ran for 626 yards on 137 attempts for 4.6 yards per carry, with 4 TDs, with one fumble. As a receiver he made just 8 receptions for 113 yards.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played 12 games. and rushed for an outstanding 1515 yards on 247 carries for an outstanding 6.1 ypc, with 12 TDs, with one fumble. In the passing game he pulled in 18 receptions for 249 yards.
In 2022 as a junior Tucker saw action in 12 games for the Orange. He ran for an outstanding 1061 yards on 204 attempts for an excellent 5.2 ypc, with 11 TDs, with one fumble. As a receiver he made 37 receptions for 262 yards.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Tucker finishes runs well and flashes the ability to get small and squeeze through traffic.
- He’s a quality receiver with soft hands, and Tucker shows a good feel for catching and transitioning upfield in the screen game.
- He’s at his best working in space, showing the quickness and vision of a return specialist. His stop-start ability allows him to create initial separation.
- Flashes initial burst and good lateral quickness to sidestep defenders or bounce runs outside with very good foot quickness. Displays very good feel as an inside and outside runner with above average vision to make sharp cuts - good patience· and footwork to pick through defenses.
- Possesses quick feet and straight-line speed but doesn't have the elite burst to be a constant big-play threat. Improving patience as a runner, following pulling guards and makes good decisions on his cut.
- A small runner, he has a scat-back skill set but is more effective between the tackles than you might expect.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Tucker has a slight build, especially for a running back, and Tucker isn’t going to grind out yardage between the tackles, as he lacks power and runs with a fairly high pad level.
- Too indecisive and hesitant at the line of scrimmage.
- His playing speed is less than elite. Tucker won’t run past defenders like he did at the college level.
Sean Tucker percentiles vs other Running Back's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Sean Tucker (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank