Draft Profile: BioZach Evans from North Shore High School was rated a 5 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 5 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Evans opted to join TCU.
In 2020 as a freshman Evans saw action in 9 games for the Horned Frogs as he ran for 415 yards on 54 attempts for an average of 7.7 yards per carry, with 4 TDs, and one fumble. As a receiver he made 8 receptions for 76 yards.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played in 6 games. and rushed for 648 yards on 92 carries for an average of 7.0 ypc, with 5 TDs, and one fumble. In the passing game he pulled in 10 receptions for 130 yards.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Flashes initial burst and good lateral quickness to sidestep defenders or bounce runs outside with very good foot quickness. Displays very good feel as an inside and outside runner with above average vision to make sharp cuts - good patience· and footwork to pick through defenses.
- Demonstrated the ability to track the ball over his shoulder. Good flexibility and balance to adjust to the poorly thrown pass. Good vision and patience for screens.
- Solid receiver in the flat, capable of running through tackles on the edge to move the chains. Flexible enough to catch passes thrown behind him.
- Possesses quick feet and straight-line speed but doesn't have the elite burst to be a constant big-play threat. Improving patience as a runner, following pulling guards and makes good decisions on his cut.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Too indecisive and hesitant at the line of scrimmage.
- Offers little in pass protection and poor technique cut blocking, fails to do more than slow down blitzers by laying down in front of them.
How other scouting services rate Zach Evans (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank