Draft Profile: BioJahmyr Gibbs from Dalton High School was rated a 4 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Gibbs opted to join Georgia Tech.
In 2020 as a freshman Gibbs saw action in 7 games for the Yellow Jackets as he ran for 467 yards on 89 attempts for an average of 5.2 yards per carry, with 4 TDs, and 2 fumbles. As a receiver he made 23 receptions for 301 yards.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played in 12 games. and rushed for 746 yards on 143 carries for an average of 5.2 ypc, with 4 TDs, and 2 fumbles. In the passing game he pulled in 36 receptions for 470 yards.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Not truly explosive, but possesses enough speed to beat linebacker to the edge.
- Flashes initial burst and good lateral quickness to sidestep defenders or bounce runs outside with very good foot quickness. Displays very good feel as an inside and outside runner with above average vision to make sharp cuts - good patience· and footwork to pick through defenses.
- Does not possess top breakaway speed, though he's rarely caught from behind.
- Possesses quick feet and straight-line speed but doesn't have the elite burst to be a constant big-play threat. Improving patience as a runner, following pulling guards and makes good decisions on his cut.
- Doesn't possess elite breakaway speed, but is fast enough to gain yardage in chunks when he finds a seam.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Offers little in pass protection and poor technique cut blocking, fails to do more than slow down blitzers by laying down in front of them.
- Has a lean frame and lacks ideal bulk or muscle for the position. Doesn't have great strength, lacking a power element to his game to break many tackles.
How other scouting services rate Jahmyr Gibbs (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank