Drafted: ROUND: 3 - Pick Number: 71 (NO)
Draft Profile: BioKendre Miller from Mount Enterprise High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Miller joined TCU.
In 2020 as a freshman Miller saw action in 9 games for the Horned Frogs as he ran for 392 yards on 54 attempts for an elite 7.3 yards per carry, with 2 TDs, with one fumble. As a receiver he made only one reception for -4 yards.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played 10 games. and rushed for 623 yards on 83 carries for an elite 7.5 ypc, with 7 TDs, with 3 fumbles. In the passing game he pulled in only 12 receptions for 117 yards.
In 2022 as a junior Miller saw action in 13 games for the Horned Frogs. He ran for an elite 1342 yards on 216 attempts for an elite 6.2 ypc, with 17 TDs, with one fumble. As a receiver he made 16 receptions for 116 yards.
Honors & awards2022
Was named as a semifinalist for the Doak Walker Award, presented to the nation's top running back.
The junior has rushed for 1,188 yards on the year and is the first TCU running back to surpass the 1,000 mark since Kyle Hicks accomplished the feat in 2016. The 1,188 yards are the most by a Horned Frog since Aaron Green had 1,272 in 2015.
Placed second on TCU with 623 yards rushing while topping the team with seven touchdowns. His 7.5 yards per carry average placed fourth for a season at TCU, giving him two of the top-six marks in program history in his first two seasons.
Ran for a career-high 185 yards and three touchdowns on 12 carries in the 52-31 win at Texas Tech.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- He’s equally dangerous in catch-and-run situations as Miller is taking the top off a defense
- Not truly explosive, but possesses enough speed to beat linebacker to the edge.
- Miller has very good vision and a knack for picking out cut-back lanes and then breaking off chunks of yardage.
- He blends good size and speed, as well as the competitive demeanor of a playmaker.
- Was asked to pick up blitzes often and has the strength to anchor and stand up blitzers.
- Has good vision to find the hole and get North-South. Gets good initial push and always seems to be falling forward for a positive gain. A hard runner with a workhorse-type back mentality.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Miller sometimes gets too upright and fails to run behind his pads.
- He isn’t going to overwhelm opposing defensive backs with speed and athleticism.
- He doesn't really add much in the passing game other than being a check-down dump off
Kendre Miller percentiles vs other Running Back's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Kendre Miller (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank