Draft Profile: BioTank Bigsby from Callaway High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Bigsby joined Auburn.
In 2020 as a freshman Bigsby saw action in 10 games for the Tigers as he ran for an excellent 834 yards on 138 attempts for an excellent 6.0 yards per carry, with 5 TDs, with one fumble. As a receiver he made just 11 receptions for 84 yards.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played 13 games. and rushed for an outstanding 1104 yards on 224 carries for a solid 4.9 ypc, with 10 TDs, with 4 fumbles. In the passing game he pulled in a solid 20 receptions for 180 yards.
In 2022 as a junior Bigsby saw action in 12 games for the Tigers. He ran for an excellent 976 yards on 178 attempts for an excellent 5.5 ypc, with 10 TDs, with one fumble. As a receiver he made a solid 30 receptions for 180 yards.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- A compact runner, Bigsby has a rare blend of balance, agility and instincts.
- Shows a surprising burst to beat linebackers to the edge. Can plant his foot in the ground and explode, showing better straight-line speed than expected.
- Bigsby finishes runs well and flashes the ability to get small and squeeze through traffic.
- He’s patient, letting blocks develop then accelerating. He runs with a good forward lean and consistently falls forward.
- Bigsby shows decent burst and straight-line speed to turn in big plays.
- Possesses quick feet and straight-line speed but doesn't have the elite burst to be a constant big-play threat. Improving patience as a runner, following pulling guards and makes good decisions on his cut.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Bigsby tends to get too upright at times, sacrificing power.
- His hands are good, but Bigsby doesn’t show much feel as a route runner and might not be a guy you flex out wide.
- A tall, upright runner who lacks great power as a runner. Not a quick-twitch athlete and is forced to gear down too much. Not very loose throughout his frame; looks tight redirecting. Will dance and leave his feet instead of taking what's there.
How other scouting services rate Tank Bigsby (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank