Drafted: ROUND: 3 - Pick Number: 88 (JAX)
Draft Profile: BioTank Bigsby from Callaway High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Bigsby joined Auburn after receiving offers from an array of big schools.
In 2020 as a freshman Bigsby saw action in 10 games for the Tigers as he ran for 834 yards on 138 attempts for an excellent 6.0 yards per carry, with 5 TDs, with one fumble. As a receiver he made just 11 receptions for 84 yards.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played 13 games. and rushed for an outstanding 1104 yards on 224 carries for 4.9 ypc, with 10 TDs, with 4 fumbles. In the passing game he pulled in 20 receptions for 180 yards.
In 2022 as a junior Bigsby saw action in 12 games for the Tigers. He ran for 976 yards on 178 attempts for an excellent 5.5 ypc, with 10 TDs, with one fumble. As a receiver he added 30 receptions for 180 yards.
Honors & awards
- 2022 PFF College 3rd team all-SEC,
- 2022 Phil Steele 4th team
- 2021 PFF College all-SEC honorable mention
- 2021 Pat Sullivan Award as team offensive player of the year
- 2020 SEC freshman of the year
Scouting Report: Strengths
- AT 5-11 and 210 lbs he looks like a compact physical runner and has a rare blend of balance, agility, and instincts.
- Is an excellent receiver with soft hands although has only been used as a check down option at Auburn
- He's a creative runner who plays with a jitterbug style and is able to quickly change direction making sharp cuts
- Has an excellent powerful leg drive and excels in short-yardage situations
- Shows a surprising burst to beat linebackers to the edge. Can plant his foot in the ground and explode, showing better straight-line speed than expected.
- Bigsby finishes runs well and flashes the ability to get small and squeeze through traffic.
- He’s patient, letting blocks develop then accelerating. He runs with a good forward lean and consistently falls forward.
- Bigsby shows decent burst and straight-line speed to turn in big plays.
- Possesses quick feet and straight-line speed but doesn't have the elite burst to be a constant big-play threat. Improving patience as a runner, following pulling guards and makes good decisions on his cut.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Bigsby tends to get too upright at times, sacrificing power
- While he has decent long speed and acceleration it's not elite - as shown with his combine time of 4.56
- He's known as a power back but he doesn't have the overall frame to absorb constant impact over a 17-game season as a work horse
- Often displays far too much-wasted motion and needs to be more committed to the initial hole
- His hands are good, but Bigsby doesn’t show much feel as a route runner and has no experience of being flexed flex out wide
- Not a super quick-twitch athlete and is forced to gear down too much. Not very loose throughout his frame; looks tight redirecting. Will dance and leave his feet instead of taking what's there.
Scouting Report: SummaryTank Bigsby is a very solid pro prospect - who does everything pretty well, he's a shifty runner, with good leg drive and power and really good overall vision. He, however, doesn't possess any elite athletic qualities which reduces his upside to star at the next level.
Bigsby will still most likely have a nice NFL career - probably as part of a rotation and shouldn't last past the fourth round of the 2023 NFL draft.
Tank Bigsby percentiles vs other Running Back's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
Tank Bigsby Three Minute Video Review
Courtesy of NFL Draft Buzz contributor Steven Wright
How other scouting services rate Tank Bigsby (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank