Drafted: 2021: ROUND: 4 - Pick Number: 107 (NYJ)
- Doesn't possess elite breakaway speed, but is fast enough to gain yardage in chunks when he finds a seam.
- Quick feet with good vision to pick through defenses. He has solid hands and body control and is a reliable receiver.
- Possesses quick feet and straight-line speed but doesn't have the elite burst to be a constant big-play threat. Improving patience as a runner, following pulling guards and makes good decisions on his cut.
- Flashes initial burst and good lateral quickness to sidestep defenders or bounce runs outside with very good foot quickness. Displays very good feel as an inside and outside runner with above average vision to make sharp cuts - good patience· and footwork to pick through defenses.
- Compactly built with good muscle mass on his frame and natural strength. Stays balanced and runs with low pad level and toughness
- Lacks elite size for the position and looks maxed out physically - also carries some durability concerns. Has short legs with only average top-end speed and can be caught from behind.
- Short with a filled-out frame and doesn't have much growth potential - has the same measurables he did coming out of high school.
- Offers little in pass protection and poor technique cut blocking, fails to do more than slow down blitzers by laying down in front of them.
- Not elite in his vision or strength, he has enough all-around game to be a three-down player at the next level
- Does not always read blocks behind pulling guards. May not be big enough to move piles at the next level and has a tendency to bury his head too soon.
How other scouting services rate Michael Carter (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank