Drafted: 2021: ROUND: 2 - Pick Number: 35 (DEN)
- Underrated blocker. Cognizant pass defender who is willing to meet a linebacker in the gap.
- Bowling-ball runner between the tackles. Flashes a burst in and out of the hole. Lowers his pads and delivers a blow into the chest of defenders. Falls forward on nearly every run due to lean. Short build makes it difficult for defenders to find among linemen. Good acceleration and straight-line speed.
- A quick, smooth athlete with the footwork to make sharp cuts and redirect his momentum in a flash. Shows good vision and patience with natural running instincts.
- Solid receiver in the flat, capable of running through tackles on the edge to move the chains. Flexible enough to catch passes thrown behind him.
- Has good vision to find the hole and get North-South. Gets good initial push and always seems to be falling forward for a positive gain. A hard runner with a workhorse-type back mentality.
- Does not possess top breakaway speed, though he's rarely caught from behind.
- Has sneaky speed but won't always get to the corner. Runs low through the hole with size and strength to move the chains as an interior runner. Has a strong stiff-arm and spin move to slip defenders. Best in goal-line situations finds another level of determination. Good recognition as a runner and pass blocker. Natural receiver with versatility as a route-runner.
- Has the feet and feel running between the tackles and in the open field. He has very good vision and patience to pick through defenses.
- Too indecisive and hesitant at the line of scrimmage.
- A one-speed runner and lacks any explosive qualities with tight hips. Has poor balance and has the bad habit of losing coordination when changing directions - his feet and upper body look to be on two different pages.
How other scouting services rate Javonte Williams (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank