Signed as an undrafted free agent by Atlanta Falcons
- Possesses quick feet and straight-line speed but doesn't have the elite burst to be a constant big-play threat. Improving patience as a runner, following pulling guards and makes good decisions on his cut.
- Has the feet and feel running between the tackles and in the open field. He has very good vision and patience to pick through defenses.
- A balanced runner with good combination of wiggle and lower body strength. Possesses above average initial burst with natural explosion and start-and- stop ability to make guys miss - can turn on the jets in a flash.
- Quick feet with good vision to pick through defenses. He has solid hands and body control and is a reliable receiver.
- Possesses agile feet with the patience, balance and vision to sidestep and elude defenders - nice job following his blocks and working well in tight areas. Physical at the point of attack and keeps his feet moving
- Does not always read blocks behind pulling guards. May not be big enough to move piles at the next level and has a tendency to bury his head too soon.
- Offers little in pass protection and poor technique cut blocking, fails to do more than slow down blitzers by laying down in front of them.
- Has a lean frame and lacks ideal bulk or muscle for the position. Doesn't have great strength, lacking a power element to his game to break many tackles.
- Not elite in his vision or strength, he has enough all-around game to be a three-down player at the next level
- Lacks size to be a true power back, will not move piles at the next level.
How other scouting services rate Javian Hawkins (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank