Drafted: 2021: ROUND: 3 - Pick Number: 77 (LAC)
- Good quickness off the line. Has size and quickness to get off NFL press.
- Has good body strength to squirm out of tackles with the coordination to maneuver his frame between defenders.
- Has a knack for getting open and is a quarterback's best friend - passers just need to toss the ball in his area and he'll come down with it.
- A long-striding athlete with good playing speed. Usually sure-handed with the concentration to snatch the ball out of the air.
- Has the strong hands any NFL wide receiver coach and quarterback would covet. Tracks the deep ball over either shoulder and brings in passes fluidly without breaking stride downfield.
- A savvy, natural pass-catcher with reliable hands and very good focus. Snatches the ball out of the air and shows the concentration to make acrobatic catches look easy.
- Good effort and technique as a blocker for his size. Can beat the press with elusiveness or physical contact. Runs crisp routes with sharp cuts.
- Balanced, savvy route runner with top field awareness, setting up and selling routes beautifully.
- Comes off the snap high and upright, and doesn't get to top speed quickly. Not sudden or elusive.
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
How other scouting services rate Josh Palmer (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank