Kenyon Green came from Humble, Texas, and was a 5-star recruit. He had offers to schools such as Oregon and Alabama but originally he had committed to the LSU Tigers. During the process, he swapped his commitment to the Texas A&M Aggies. Since then, he’s become an even bigger impact on the football field than when he came out of high school He’s having started 23 games in his collegiate career. Despite playing both left and right guard, he’s expected to be considered at left tackle. Teams will covet his versatility assuming he can make the transition to outside.
- Above-average football smarts and general intelligence. Plays with a nasty streak. Solid character and work ethic.
- Big athlete with good bulk and a filled-out frame. Stays balanced and doesn't overextend in pass protection. Stays disciplined with good bend and leverage.
- Has a naturally wide base, thickly build, and good length. Long legs to cover a lot of ground with his initial kick slide. Has the quickness to set up quickly with enough lateral shuffle to mirror and mobility to get to the second level.
- Has the feet to adjust when he anticipates what's coming. Effective trapping and bends at the knees with adequate core strength to absorb the bull rush. Can clear a path at the second level if he hits the target.
- Needs to prove his worth in a straight-ahead running game.
- Attacks when necessary, though he won't consistently dominate and can lose balance overextending.
- Needs to work on his technique in pass protection, using more consistent leverage and continuing to move his feet.
- Stops his feet after initial contact, relying on length but allowing defender to get the corner or spin inside.
How other scouting services rate Kenyon Green (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank