- Attacks his man, playing with a wide base and the lateral agility to mirror, sustain and shuffle to help inside. Has the size, strength and quick feet to be effective as a position run-blocker.
- Tall, long, athletic pass protector. Generally gets out of three-point stance with good knee bend and a wide base.
- Strong upper body, arms and hands. Coordinated feet with the flexibility for offensive tackle. Hard worker.
- Best on the outside because of his height and athleticism, but is capable of blocking on the move.
- Lone concern is handling the superquick NFL edge rusher. Foot speed and quickness are very good, but not elite.
- Heavy footed and lacks elite lateral ability- will struggle with speed rushers and footwork is a work in progress. Bends too much at the waist and overextends himself- often caught lunging and leaning.
- Struggles to be consistent blocking in motion and doesn't have the natural foot quickness to cover a lot of ground.
- Flashes the ability to move his man with his hands, but is not yet consistent in this area.
- Attacks when necessary, though he won't consistently dominate and can lose balance overextending.
- Stops his feet after initial contact, relying on length but allowing defender to get the corner or spin inside.
How other scouting services rate Josh Rivas (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank