Draft Profile: BioAfter high school, Jefferson opted to join Alabama State.
In 2018 as a freshman Jefferson saw action in 11 games for the Hornets as he made 12 receptions for only 110 yards for an average of 9.2 yards per reception, with 4 TDs, and a decent QB rating when targeted of 80.2.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played just 3 games and had only 11 catches for 142 yards for an average of 12.9 yards per catch, with one TD, and only QB rating when targeted of 54.6.
As a junior in 2020 he played 6 games and hauled in a decent 26 catches for a decent 273 yards for an average of 10.5 yards per catch, with 2 TDs, and a decent QB rating when targeted of 86.6.
After the end of the season Jefferson transferred to Louisiana where as a senior in 2021 he played 14 games and had a decent 18 catches for a decent 481 yards for an average of 26.7 yards per catch, 4 TDs, and an elite QB rating when targeted of 147.3.
As a fifth year senior in 2022 he played 12 games and had an impressive 51 catches for an impressive 810 yards for an average of 15.9 yards per catch, 7 TDs, and an impressive QB rating when targeted of 112.0.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Jefferson plays with a smoothness and balance, and Jefferson shows a knack for setting up defensive backs.
- He’s coordinated with soft, reliable hands, and he shows the ability to adjust to balls thrown behind him, as well as a knack for digging out low throws.
- A savvy, natural pass-catcher with reliable hands and very good focus. Snatches the ball out of the air and shows the concentration to make acrobatic catches look easy.
- Escaping the jam won’t be a problem with his upper-body strength and quick hands. He’ll help as a perimeter blocker in the run game.
- He’s very good in contested-catch situations, using his frame effectively to make plays facing the quarterback. He also shows a knack for high-pointing the ball, consistently outmuscling defensive backs.
- Jefferson tracks the ball well downfield and consistently runs under long throws.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Jefferson won't threaten the top of the defense.
- He’s not going to threaten to take the top off of a defense.
- Jefferson seems comfortable in traffic to the point where Jefferson doesn’t make the effort to create separation.
Michael Jefferson percentiles vs other Wide Receiver's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Michael Jefferson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank