Draft Profile: BioMyles Hinton from Greater Atlanta Christian High School was rated a 5-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Hinton opted to join Stanford.
In 2020 as a freshman Hinton saw action in 5 games and played a total of 62 snaps for the Cardinals. He allowed no QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing the majority of his snaps at left guard, and the rest at right guard.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played in 12 games and a total of 628 snaps. He conceded an unipressive 17 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and 4 sacks while playing at right tackle.
In 2022 as a junior Hinton saw action in 7 games and totaled 446 snaps. He gave up just 2 QB hurries, one QB hit, and 2 sacks while playing most of his snaps at right tackle.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Hinton has the measurables to stick at tackle, and Hinton plays with a good, wide base in pass protection, allowing him to hold up against the bull rush.
- Wide-body who stands his ground and is especially effectively sliding to mirror and hold off outside pressure.
- Hinton thrives on physicality, often out-grappling bigger defensive linemen and winning in the phone booth with tenacity and upper-body strength.
- Has the functional strength to hold up against the bull rush, and he shows exceptionally quick and precise hands.
- If a scout were to draw up a starting NFL left tackle, the picture may look like a lot like Adams. His height, length and athletic build are prototypical for the position that helps protect the blind side of ultra-important starting quarterbacks.
- Hand placement is excellent, and he shows a good understanding of angles when climbing upfield
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- A short-area blocker with limited range and doesn't consistently get to the second level. Will play undisciplined at times, especially in space. Lacks a finishing attitude.
- Clearly more comfortable moving forward than sliding back as a protector.
- Isn't an elite quick-twitch blocker and his height causes him to be out-quicked. Leaks inside pressure when his technique gets sloppy.
How other scouting services rate Myles Hinton (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank