Drafted: 2021: ROUND: 2 - Pick Number: 46 (CIN)
- Solid positional run blocker who flashes the nasty demeanor and killer instinct scouts covet.
- Above-average football smarts and general intelligence. Plays with a nasty streak. Solid character and work ethic.
- Attacks his man, playing with a wide base and the lateral agility to mirror, sustain and shuffle to help inside. Has the size, strength and quick feet to be effective as a position run-blocker.
- Has a strong upper body with physical, powerful hands and works hard to gain body positioning in the run game.
- Has a naturally wide base, thickly build and good length. Long legs to cover a lot of ground with his initial kick slide. Has the quickness to set up quickly with enough lateral shuffle to mirror and mobility to get to the second level.
- Will punch at smaller defenders instead of latching on and is more of a mauler than mover in the running game. Can improve maintaining outside leverage when doubling the nose. Ducks his head and gets too upright, causing him to fall off second-level blocks.
- Heavy footed and lacks elite lateral ability- will struggle with speed rushers and footwork is a work in progress. Bends too much at the waist and overextends himself- often caught lunging and leaning.
- Needs to work on his technique in pass protection, using more consistent leverage and continuing to move his feet.
- Susceptible to speed rushers. Has only average quickness off the snap and doesn't possess the acceleration or arm length to corral defenders once they cross his face.
- Isn't an elite quick-twitch blocker and his height causes him to be out-quicked. Leaks inside pressure when his technique gets sloppy.
How other scouting services rate Jackson Carman (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank